Monday, May 6, 2019

Week 2 in Stafford

Well hello friends and family!!! 


This has been quite an exciting week!! First of all... I'm definitley not in Wigan anymore! It's still so weird to me that I have gone! I miss the people there. I made so many memories and I grew so much! I will never forget Debora or Vejas but I am so excited to start this new adventure in Stafford!

We had some pretty amazing lessons! My first day here we had a lesson with the sweetest woman named Gail. He was so cute and she could scarily remember parts of the introduction that I didn't even know. She knew the exact date of when Joseph Smith saw the angel Moroni! 

There was one day where we had lots of lessons to go to and every one of them fell through... it sounds sad but Sister Ryser and I didn't feel sad at all! I mean of course we would have been happier having the lessons but we just took it as it came. We got some crepes in a Little Dessert shop in Wigan and it was absolutely delicious. 

This Sunday, Vejas was able to share his testimony at a fireside. I wasn't able to attend but the entire day I was just thinking about how grateful I am that the Lord has placed me where I have been to meet the people that I have. It's amazing people like Vejas that truly show me that the Lord is preparing people and motivates me to tell everyone that there is somebody that loves them. :)

We also had stake conference this week and it was different... because it was in a hotel!!! I've never had stake conference in a hotel before! A seventy spoke at it, his name was Elder Gilmore. He said this absolutely incredible story! He talked about a 5 year old boy who growing up he always loved going to church because he LOVED hearing the organist play. It was this young man and he just could play the organ like nobody he had heard before. The young man had a wife and a young child at the time. One day the young boy was playing at a friend's home and his mother called him back. He said that that was the last time he saw his mother walk without aid. Recently, a young child at their small branch had died from polio and his parents were afraid that his mother was showing similar symptoms. They immediately rushed her to the hospital. She was in critical condition and at one point they considered putting her in the iron lung to help her breath. Since polio was so contagious, people were scared to visit her. But the young organist would visit her everyday for the 4 months she was in the hospital. The organist was Russell M. Nelson. Im only reciting this story off of memory so it isn't perfect. But, it truly showed me that wow... He really is a prophet! He was foreordained to lead this current dispensation. He truly shows us what a disciple of Christ should look like and I love and sustain him. Whenever I share my testimony to those I teach, I just feel the spirit testifying to me that this man really is a prophet of God! 

I love you all and hope you have an amazing week!

Sister Sever

1.  Krispy kreams... literally just cause😂
2.  Sister Ryser and I 
3.  Near to where our flat is, canal next to it basically
4 & 5.  Little dessert place 








No comments:

Post a Comment