Monday, May 13, 2019

Week 3 in Stafford

Hello friends and family!

I dont have much time but we had a very eventful week this week! Sister Ryser and I have been running from appointment to appointment. We had a lesson with Gail this week! She is yhe sweetest lady and we learned so much about her this week! She actually had met with missionaries before! We taught her the gospel of Jesus Christ and you could just feel that she really was listening. She was listening before but it felt like this time she was truly seeking to understand and wanting to know what we were saying. 

We also had a lesson with a woman named Pauline! She expressed her desire to really know if the Book of Mormon is true. She said she has changed so much since meeting the missionaries for the first time and has grown closer to God when she has met with us! 

We also had the chance to go to Crewe this week for zone conference and I had the biggest scare of my entire life!!! (We'll mission life). Before the conference started, missionaries were coming up to me and saying,"Sister Sever how long do you have left? Do you go home this transfer?" And i would just say, "No, i have a little more left to go." So every transfer at zone conference, they call up the people who are leaving that transfer and now I have quite a while left(ok it's like 2 months left) but they started listing off the names and mine happened to be one of them. My heart stopped and a flash of doubt started to creep in. I started thinking... wait.... am I going home ALREADY!! 🤯😳 Probably from the look on my face, President McReynolds got up before I was supposed to speak and just said that apparently I wasn't ready to go home yet😂

So I am now reading the end of Ether and I found something that I thought was quite interesting. So in chapter 13, Ether is told by the spirit that he needs to go to Coriantumr and preach to him. So, that is exactly what he does!! He goes to the people and is rejected. They were not interested in repenting. Now, I stopped to think about this and I thought that God was a merciful being. He was giving then a second chance. Which he was!! But then, a couple chapters later in 15 it became apparent to me that God has a greater purpose planned for us. Coriantumr sees the destruction of his people, 2 million have died and he REMEMBERS what Ether told him years ago. He remember that he told them to repent and that's he exactly what he did. If Ether had not preached to him because he thought they were beyond saving then Coriantumr wouldn't have remembered what Ether told him. It really motivated me to really follow the spirit in everything even of it seems pointless. Because with God, nothing is pointless, with every prompting he has specific reasons even if it doesn't make sense in that moment or years down the line. I know He loves us and does nothing without reason. 

I love you all and hope you have an amazing week!

Sister Sever

1. There was a LOT of rain one day this week. Other than that, the weather has been lovely





No comments:

Post a Comment