Monday, May 20, 2019

Week 4 in Stafford


Hello friends and family!!

So, this week we had lots of exciting things happen!! First and foremost, last week I sent an email and I only realized later that some parts of it didn't make sense. The title of ijt was Chinese with a hint of regret and it was because we got Chinese takeaway which we later regretted because our stomachs started hurting super bad😂 Worth it because it was still really good food! Also, one of the pictures was of my companion and I with masks on. So, her mother sent her these face masks and we didn't realize that they actually had the pictures of the princesses on the masks! They looked really scary when you put them on.

We had a really good week! We had an amazing lesson with a 10 year old boy named Nathan! He actually wants to be baptized and went to a baptismal service of someone in the ward! He is the cutest! We taught him about the priesthood and he could remember things and noticed things that was just amazing for his age! I am super excited to teach him again!

Then, we had a lesson with Gail! We brought a member and Gail got us all presents! She is the sweetest lady!

We taught this woman named Val and I felt like her lesson went amazingly well! She loves the bible and has an amazing testimony of Jesus Christ. She said she REALLY wants to come to church.

We also had something CRAZY happen!! So, Sister Ryser and I had just come to the flat for companionship study and were talking together when we heard a weird trickling sound. Then, Sister Ryser just looks in the kitchen and says,"Why is there water in the kitchen?" There is just this puddle in our kitchen so we started inspecting and found water leaking from the outlets and from the ceiling. We suddenly got worried that something happened in the flat above so we rushed upstairs and knocked on the door. Nobody answered but we could see reader around the door and on the ceiling surrounding the door so we thought,"that means it is ABOVE that flat." So we went the next floor up and knocked on that door and a man answered he said he had a really bad water problem. No serious damage was done and everything was fine but we found it quite funny😂

A little spiritual thought! So, I was on exchange this week in Stoke and we Gor to visit this family who had just moved into the ward. They were from So Salvador and didn't know much English. Luckily, my exchange companion at the time spoke Spanish since she was from Argentina. So, basically the entire lesson was in Spanish! Since I took Spanish in high school I was actually quite surprise with the words I could remember but when it came to the spiritual thought... I didn't know gospel words. But, I remember when the father of the family spoke and I could immediately feel in my heart he was bearing testimony. I didn't know what he was saying but I could feel the spirit witnessing to me that this father had a strong testiminy of the gospel. It truly showed to me that the Spirit doesn't mainly speak through the words we say. The most important thing it speaks is through the heart. The spirit changes us and it's a lot deeper than any words that we can possibly say. I have seen it's effect and I have felt it's effect. It testifies of Christ and how grateful I am that we have the promise that the Spirit will always be with us when we partake of the sacrament!!

I love you all and hope you have an amazing week!

Sister Sever

No comments:

Post a Comment