Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Week 20 in Wigan


Hello friends and family!!!

This week was.... AMAZING!!! One of the best weeks ever! So much happened I don’t even know where to start.

Then we had a day where we had 3 lessons! We had one with Vejas and wow he is so solid! He has been keeping commitments! He has been reading the Book of Mormon and praying! We talked on the plan of salvation and he had excellent questions but he kept on mentioning how it just all makes sense. I am just in awe. I know the Lord prepares people but when I meet them it just makes me remember how the Lord prepares people! 

Then we had a lesson with Soul! He is keeping commitments! We moved back his date still to February 9 just because his baptismal interview was supposed to be last week but he is embarking on the 21 day Book of Mormon challenge. He prays in front of us and always thanks Heavenly Father for Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. He has been quitting tea and coffee and hasn’t touched alcohol! He truly is amazing. During the lesson, he started talking about the Saviour and how amazing He is. He just bore testimony to us about Him and I could feel the spirit so strong! 

Then we had a first lesson with a boy named Alan. He is the sweetest boy! He just is happy all the time and is just positive about everything! He believes in mindfulness and thinks there is an afterlife he just doesn’t know about a God. We invited him to come to church and he was so excited!

We also had a lesson with Katie! I forgot how amazing she is! She has been more open about talking with her fiancé Phil about God and he has been telling her questions to ask us about! She has such faith! She says she has been praying about baptism and she just really feels that it should be after her wedding so it isn’t overshadowed. She kept on telling us small experiences she has had in which she knows God is there and it has been an answer to prayers. So good!

Well this week I was studying in the Book of Mormon(of course). I’m studying in 1 Nephi 5 and I was just thinking how long it took for Sariah to actually complain. She was probably waiting for a very long time, thinking her sons might have been dead. I would imagine that when they first left she had full faith on their return. But then she did complain for fear of her sons. But when she did Lehi said that he was a visionary man and he is grateful for it because if he hadn’t have seen these things by a vision he wouldn’t know the goodness of God. I always read this verse as a straight up rebuke from Lehi but after truly pondering on Sariah’s situation I now see it as more of a reassurance. Because in reality Lehi is reassuring her that God is good and they will see their sons again not harshly rebuking her. Then, when their sons did return Sariah’s faith was renewed. I think I really applied this to my life because at times I don’t act like I should, I complain because the work isn’t going so well or I’m not happy. But the Lord has reassured me time and time again that he is good and it always goes by his timing and plan. 

I love you all and hope you have a good week!

Sister Sever



1. Archie’s is the only place with American milkshakes! We had to take a selfie
2. Just us in Wigan
3. Is with Sister McKinnon and Pymm at the docks. It was super windy!
4. Anglican cathedral
5. Trio in Liverpool





No comments:

Post a Comment