Monday, December 31, 2018

Week 18 in Wigan

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE FRIENDS AND FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Well this week was uber exciting!!! Here are the highlights.... So we had a street display in Wigan and even though Christmas is done we still had quite a few light the world cards. I wanted to just get them out of the flat so bad. So I grabbed a ton of them and I was determined to give them out to everyone!!! So, some elders from Liverpool came down and did a street display with us. I was on a roll! It was so funny because I noticed if I walked up to a group of people and one of them said no, they all said not. But if one of them said yes, they would all take one. There were these 2 men that I saw out of the corner of my eye. I walked up to them and said hi!! Once they looked at me I could tell they were REALLY drunk, you could really smell it. One of them looked at me and was just like,"I'm doing GREAT!! You look like you need a cuddle!" I was like,"No, I am fine!" I start backing away, I look at the elders and you can see the panic in their faces. Then he hugs me and I'm trying to much him off me! One of the elders like shouted,"I want a cuddle!" So he gets off of him and hugs him instead haha! 

Then, this Sunday we had a tea appointment that evening and he told us that we were getting a roast dinner. We were so excited! After sacrament meeting we were talking with some members and they were telling us how they really wanted over for tea! We told them We had one at 6 pm and they said,"well we can have you over at 3 so you can eat something before hand, we are having fajitas". I love fajitas and we couldn't resist so we said yes. We go over to their house and they give us the fajitas filling.... over a MOUNTAIN of rice!!! I have never eaten so much rice in my entire life! I looked at it and I was like okay, I'm pretty hungry and I can usually eat a lot anyways, I'll just eat it really fast so my stomach can't comprehend how much i have eaten. I ate it!! Then we went to our other tea appointment. We were not hungry whatsoever!!! Then we ha we roast dinner and it was also humongous! It was like double the amount of a normal roast dinner. But I survived and that's what matters. I have lived to tell the tale! 

Also, I have one more chapter of the book of Mormon before I finish!!!!! This challenge was seriously the best!! Focusing on the Saviour throughout the book of Mormon really just made me realize how much the book of Mormon testifies of Him. I was reading in Moroni 7 and in a couple verses he mentioned "my beloved brethren". I than stopped for a few seconds and thought, at this point Moroni doesn't have any brethren. He is just talking directly at us! It just made it a lot more personal. Of course the entire book of Mormon is directed at us but this book is the only one where a man is pleading for us to have charity while his family and people have been killed off and he is the only one left. It just made it so much more real. 

Well I love you all and hope you have an amazing New Years!!

Sister Sever

No comments:

Post a Comment