Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Week 17 in Wigan

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! 

I hope everyone has had a lovely holiday! Ours was definitely one to remember! You know, we don’t proselyte for Christmas but these past few days have been just as busy if not even busier than our normal days! We have been fed a lot and quite well. We are currently at some members house, The Grants. They are just a proper family. They have all of the family over and they gave us some presents, the most exciting being Reeses peanut butter! 

Also, Christmas Eve we had district Council in the morning and afterwards we all pitched in to get dominoes. Then, we had a tea appointment later so I could skype home. They weren’t feeling too well to cook so they decided to get something to eat.... DOMINOES!!! Yup, my favourite haha. 

Then Christmas Day, Lucy and Barry had us over for a full English breakfast! Super good. They also got us presents. They are slipper boots! They are the softest things I have ever felt! Then, some members, the Doriches had us over for tea. They gave us some chicken, and this German potato ball. The way I will describe it will make it sound gross but it was actually quite good! It’s kind of sticky and tastes like dough but you put gravy over it to add flavour. It’s called kartoffelclausse... I think... Then we went to our bishops house for Sister Dunlavy to skype home and then went to their parents house for the rest of Christmas!!!! 

We also had a lesson with a couple named Hollie and Michael. They are a very nice Christian family. Her husband happened to be a pastor, no big deal. I was actually super nervous coming to this appointment just because I knew that they weren’t too interested. But, during the lesson I was surprisingly very calm. I wasn’t nervous at all. That morning I studied in Preach My Gospel in the role of the Book of Mormon and it talked about how the Book of Mormon is the keystone of our church. Of course the bible is the word of God and we need its teachings just as much as the Book of Mormon, but if people prove the Book of Mormon isn’t true then Joseph Smith is not a prophet and our church crumbles. There was a specific quote in it that stood out to me the most, it said that without the Book of Mormon and revelation, our church doesn’t exist. I noticed how in the lesson they kept on trying to disprove and attack the Book of Mormon saying there is no way it is the word of God. They kept on referring us to quotes of somebody who left the church or anti-church facts. I asked them to ask God if it was true as I have and they did not want to. But I just kept on thinking, throughout the lesson even though it was obvious that they had done some research but they couldn’t say anything against my testimony. If I hadn’t asked God if the Book of Mormon is true or if I hadn’t read from it and constantly continuing to water the seed, I would not have held up how I did when defending what I knew to be true! The same goes for Sister Dunlavy, she is so amazing and her testimony so bright. But I do know the Book of Mormon is true and that it is the word of a God. I know this because I have asked with faith in Christ, trusting in whatever answer he would give me. I love this gospel, the more I learn the more I know it is true and will lead me to true and eternal happiness. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 

I love you all and hope you had an amazing holiday! 

Sister Sever

1. We had canned soup one night and we thought it would be better of we made it look aesthetic haha
2 And 3. Lucy and Barry
3. Us at the grants getting our presents





No comments:

Post a Comment