Monday, April 2, 2018

Week 8 in Rossendale



Hiya and HAPPY EASTER!!!!! 

I can't believe it's already that time of year! I am so close to hitting my 3 month mark since leaving America which is insane! It seriously has seemed like only a couple weeks. So last Monday for P-day we went to Townley Hall in Burnley. It's basically this huge mansion that people can tour through for fun. We went with a couple members from the ward and we had the greatest time! We even recreated a coupe paintings in some of the rooms.

So this week has kinda been insane! We had zone conference which is always good. And for that they usually send out a few days beforehand a topic that everyone has to write a talk on and they pick 3 people to give it once we are there. And as you might have expected...... I was chosen. Well to say the least I was amazing as always, just kidding I'm humble, but people told me it was alright haha. Then we had exchanges where when we went to a member in Chorley 's ward, they remembered to get the sisters going on the exchanges Easter eggs as well! They are so nice and know somebody living in orange county.  I have found that many people know others from California just not anywhere near the fresno area. So.... when we were heading back I needed to buy another bus pass and realized that I left my mission ATM card at subway.  So Sister Limb bought my card and told my STL's to check in the morning. Not only that but we missed out bus by 10 minutes so we had to go to a city that was moderately close to Rossendale and when we got there.... we missed the bus by 10 minutes. So we called some members who picked us up from Bury. The next day we took a bus to Haslingdon on the way to sing at the nursing home. When we got on I used my bus pass but for some reason it was not denying or accepting my card but the bus driver didn't care so he let me on. So we tried catching another bus but this bus driver wouldn't let us on and then I realized that it wasn't my bus pass, it was the extra that I got that had no money on it at all. My real bus pass was in my wallet that I left at home! So we got off and tried walking home from Haslingdon(25 minutes).

So on the way home, we found this trail that lead to the top of a hill overlooking Rossendale which was gorgeous and by that point we were about halfway home, and I was looking in my bag when Sister Limb looks over my shoulder and pulls out..... MY WALLET. So we catch a bus and I pull out my actual pass which inside it was..... MY ATM CARD. So I think that experience summed up my life.

And hey conference was this week! It was so good and so many changes! I could only watch 2 of them live though which was pretty weird and I still need to find time to watch the last session that announced the ministering changes. But wow I have never been so excited to watch conference before. I just switched between watching at the chapel and at members houses. I think one of my favorite talks was by Brian Taylor? I think? But it was about knowing your identity and how we can help people with personal challenges by teaching them their worth. I think it is so important by seeing people by their potential and what they can be. That knowledge has helped me a lot in the mission and gives me motivation to talk to people that i see by seeing them how Heavenly Father sees them. 

Well anyways I know this email is shorter but I will send tons of pictures to make it up! So just remember to follow what the prophet said and seek and heed the holy ghost' s promptings, humble yourself, and know that God WANTS to talk to us. And i know that President Nelson was called of God to lead this dispensation and am so excited as to how he is going to lead the church. I love you all and wish you the best week ever!

Sister Sever













No comments:

Post a Comment