Sunday, February 4, 2018

Week 3 at MTC and transfers into MANCHESTER MISSION!!

      So, before you think I  disobeying the rules and what not, I have transfers this week, so they are allowing us to email today. So this week was amazing. I got to hear Brother Hunter sing and wow he is good.
     It wasn't too long ago that I emailed you last so not a lot has happened. I Skyped Preston and got to practice giving a lesson, which was super fun and got  to see most of my family. I got a flu shot in town! That's exciting.  Apparently I forgot to get one in California. Also, just want to say that I absolutely love my district. They are all so amazing and plus it helps that they are all going to my mission except for that sucker who is going to Hungary.  Haha!  Manchester mission is definitely getting a good bunch of missionaries this new transfer(me included).
     I'm super excited to finally get out to the field and meet my trainer and mission president. I can't wait. I'm already packing! 
     Oh! One of the seventy came to talk with us about charity. His name is elder Hearst and he had an amazing British(surprise surprise) accent and was super funny. He says that as missionaries we are called to love (not romantically) and I completely agree. Also, my teacher, sister Harkness said that I'm welcome at her house in Ireland anytime after my mission which was super cool. I love my teachers.
     A common theme that I have been noticing here is the topic of charity. And I just think that it's so important to really have the pure love of Christ. I truly believe that our church is actually centered around, of course, Christ, but more specific his love. Elder Hearst said something I really liked in his talk; that charity is the one thing that is stronger than faith. Since faith is knowing things that you can't see, in the life to come, faith won't be something we will use seeing as how it will be confirmed. But the pure love of Christ is something that is eternal and will last far beyond the grave. I know that charity never fails, and I see it with the people that I meet on the streets of Manchester, my district, my companion, and myself.  Everyone on this earth is also God's child and I know that they deserve the same love as everyone else. I love this church and I know it is true. I know that going on a mission was the right thing to do and was his plan for me. I also know that loving the people of England, even when they don't love you back, will truly grow, my testimony and the people I'm teaching.
     Oh also my "investigator" Connor is being baptized!!! Anyways I love you and hope to hear from you soon!

Sister Sever

P.S. This is just us with Brother Hunter. He gets married next week so we won't be able to see him on Monday before we leave.

(mom note:  I had asked her what is was like with the other money system there, and here is her response: )
 "I have found that it really depends on what you are buying. Contact solution probably costs around 25$ a bottle but candy only costs like $0.20 sometimes. You may think I'm joking but actually there are these chocolate cups that really cost only that much.


(mom note:  the following message was sent this morning, 2/6)
I still don't know my transfer assignment, but I am at the mission home right now and it's snowing!!! President McReynolds and his wife are super nice and supportive.  I can't wait to find out who my trainer is! I don't know if I can email you later, but anyways I love you and hope everything is going well. Hope to talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment