Monday, June 17, 2019

Week 1 & 2 in Macclesfield

Hello friends and family!! 

Wow did lots happen this week! My first week in Macclesfield has been just amazing! It is a very nice town and I'm excited to spend the rest of my mission here. So, it's probably not in California right now but as for England it has been really wet and a tad bit cold. But, the greenness makes up for the rain because it is beautiful. It has been an adjustment here physically because there really are no buses nor any public transportation. This is the first time I am biking in my entire mission and it has been a workout! It's great!

Sister Hales is amazing! She is so sweet and caring. She is an amazing missionary and so obedient. She really motivates me to try harder to follow every rule with exactness and to talk to everybody. I have good feeling about this transfer and I feel like some good things are going to happen. 

We also had quite a miracle!! So, Sister Hales and her companion found a lady named Sam before I came. Sister Hales said it was quite an experience where she felt like she needed to go by a returning member. Sam yelled at them to say that she was asleep and they gave her a pamphlet. We went by later to follow up if she has read it and a man answered. He was very friendly and said that they would be very interested to meet with us. We mentioned which church we were from and he said that he was so sure that he was a member of the church. It said it was a long tome ago but that he was going to church and was baptised in Birmingham. He said he loved the Church and had no idea that there was one so close by. He is excited to start coming to church again and to meet with us in the future.

This past week I just have been thinking about how many things I have seen and just how much the Lord has blessed me. I was reading in the Book of Mormon where it says that the Lord's arms are extended to all. It says that a couple times but it just made me think that I can be those arms. I look at the people on the side of the street and I realize that there is somebody out there who loves them and cares for them and it is my responsibility for them to know. Whether they accept or deny it. I am just so blessed to have this knowledge and I know that I can never deny it. I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment