Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Week 30 in Wigan

Hola friends and family!!

This week has been absolutely amazing!! The weather has been nice and perfect for miracles. First and foremost... Vejas is now a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!!! His service was wonderful and he kept on telling us how grateful he was that we taught him about the church. It is just amazing to see the change that happens to these people over the course of just a couple months! Only Christ can change people so fast and significantly. Next step... THE TEMPLE!!! 

Then, we also taught Sebastian again this week. We taught him the plan of salvation. Sister Brown(the bishop’s wife) was there again and you can just see how she looks forward to teaching him. She actually invited him to a ward activity we didn’t even know about! He came as well! So, he got to know a lot of ward members there.

Then.... transfers are now here!!! And all of you have probably guessed what is happening especially since I have been in Wigan for so long.... IM STAYIN!!! Woo!! I am getting a new companion but I don’t really know who it is until tomorrow so you will just have to find out next week! She is a new missionary!! But, I am so glad that I have had the chance to serve with Sister Robertson. Even though it was but for a short 3 weeks. 

In Train the Trainers, the assistants mentioned 2 Nephi 2:11 in a different way that I didn’t realise before. They said the same applies in our mission lives as well. Without those days where our lessons fell through and we couldn’t find anyone I couldn’t appreciate days like seeing Vejas get baptised. But since I know those days, I have to say seeing the fruits of our labours just makes the fruit of the tree of life a lot sweeter. I do know there is opposition in all things for a reason and I am grateful for that. Without that opposition, I wouldn’t be the person I am today. 

I love you all!!

Sister Sever

No comments:

Post a Comment