Monday, October 29, 2018

Week 9 in Wigan

Hello family and friends!!!!!!!

This week was really busy and full of excitement. I feel like this has been the busiest I have been for my mission life. We are just teaching so many good solid people. One of which is Soul!!!! Soul is amazing and we just hit such a breakthrough lesson with him this week. He has been a very slow progressing friend but this lesson we really just resolved a lot of his questions but he told us that despite all of his questions he knows that this church is true 100%!! He is just so close to actually making that commitment of following Christ! He is actually talking about his baptism! He really just wants to make sure he is doing this for himself and that it is the right thing to do. 

We have also been working with quite a few excommunicated members who want to be rebaptised. One of which is Yvette. She is an amazing person who has been through a lot. She definitely has had multiple trials and challenges in her life but through it all she does want to come back to this church because she knows it is true. She also has a daughter Charlotte who has never been baptised but wants to be. We had a lesson with Yvette where we got to tell her that getting her rebaptised wasn’t as difficult a situation as we thought it was going to be. She was so happy!! Definitely on my mission, I have seen not only how the gospel changes people but what it means to those that have fought to have it in there lives. The gospel has such meaning in our lives if we just let it. Once people feel the atoning sacrifice that Jesus Christ made possible for us is the time that they truly are converted. This gospel is so true and I am so grateful and blessed that I have it in my life. I am also so grateful that I get the chance to share with the people in Wigan. 

Also, this p day was a bit different than the others. So I got to play piano at a funeral this morning! The bishop asked if we could help and so of course we did. Most of the people there were non members, the person who passed away was recently baptism just a few years ago. But, I am just so grateful that I have the comfort the gospel does bring.

Well I love you all and hope you have an amazing week!
Sister Sever

No comments:

Post a Comment