Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Week 5 in Wigan

Hiya!!!

So Deborah has been doing amazing!!! The members have helped with her so much it's crazy!!! So Deborah isn't in the best of financial situations. She doesn't have much. But, there are members who have gone out of their way to give her so much. They have given her baby clothes, a crib, and lots of food. Deborah is so humble that she won't ask for anything and will be happy with whatever she has but she was grateful with the ward's efforts. 

Then we had a lesson with Soul! It was so good. We are just having a problem with him committing to the Book of Mormon challenge. He says he just wants to start it knowing he will finish it but he has said that for about a month now. I think we have to ask him a bit differently or promise him more blessings? But the good thing is that he said when he ends the 21 day challenge He wants to be baptised!!! So when he starts we could go ahead and set the date for him. 

Also, I do want to implement more member missionary work. We have a goal of having a fellowshipper for every lesson this week. Also, I want to be more purpose minded in member visits. Not even just member visits, every visit! The ward mission leader in Rossendale had some really good advice; that we should go into every house with the mindset of getting referrals. I do want to try that. I know for the few tea appointments that I have had...maybe we didn't get a referral, but we did have good conversations about missionary work!!! 

Also, I was reading in Alma 31:5 this week and it reminded me of Boyd K. Packers quote on how t"he doctrine can change behaviours faster than a study of behaviours improves behaviour." The gospel is so true. I have definitely noticed in my life how it has improved me everyday by studying the scriptures!!! By that, I have seen it more in how we teach our friends. The gospel does so much for us and we need only pray and study it to know it is true. 

I love you all!!
Sister Sever

pictures below: 
1. Wigan for a street display 
2-4. such a pretty place I am blessed to serve in 
5. My companion and I in a double decker bus 
6.Just cause...but a great quote! 
7.  I have begun to knit!!
8. My zone








No comments:

Post a Comment