Tuesday, January 23, 2018

1st Week at MTC

    








     Ok, so I just got done with a session at the Preston Temple! Super pretty! I loved it so much, it's really just a gorgeous temple. The outside stone kinda reminds me of a castle.
     My companion's name is Sister Rasmussen and she is from Colarado. Super sweet girl! Also I before I go any further I should probably let you know that since the England MTC is so small(only 50-60 missionaries) we are the guinea pig or experimental MTC, so I actually get to proselyte in Manchester Piccadelli square every Monday and find real investigators! 
     I have the chance to Skype someone from home, to teach them a lesson with my companion. My parents can say hi to me over Skype, but cannot be in the lesson or take up a lot of time. This will be anytime next week. You can email me anytime you want and I can read any email, I get but can only respond to emails that are to schedule the Skype call. I was thinking maybe I could talk to Preston? Anyways the proselyting in Manchester was probably the most fun I have ever had!!! I made it my goal to say hi or good morning to every single person who passed by me, but most people ignored me or looked at me and got scared and then immediately took out their phones and tried doing something else. Haha. I thought it was funny. I talked to a ton of people though. A lot of them weren't interested in the BOM but just were lonely and wanted to talk.
     I have AMAZING teachers in the MTC.  Their names are Sister Harkness and Brother Hunter. Sister Harkness is probably the funniest teacher alive and has been my "investigator" for the entire week. Brother Hunter is a very musical person. He actually composed the lyrics for Come Unto Christ, or he played it (?)... he also sang in the tabernacle choir this one time and is a trained opera singer.
     I can leave the MTC grounds for P-day into Chorley which will be cool. I haven't done it yet since I'm emailing you but I'll get around to it. Also, my emails can only hold a certain number of pictures so I'm sending more. Sister Rasmussen is the blonde one standing next to me in all the pictures and I have a singular one of her. And all the people in the picture that's not the picture of everyone in the MTC is the people in Lehi district and they are all going to my mission, except Elder Ruiz who is going to Hungary (he is the one in glasses). The weather is not bad at all, to be completely honest. I mean it's cold!! And windy! I broke an umbrella at one point- it didn't like flip inside out, it just broke! But it's worth it because it is so beautiful and green outside. It's snowed more than a couple times but it hasn't stuck.  It has also hailed more than a couple times. We were so lucky when we went to Piccadelli because it was cloudy, but it wasn't raining. And I went out to see the temple a couple days ago and it was kinda sunny so I took pictures. I don't know exactly how to put the pictures I got from my camera into the email.... so these are all from my tablet. I did take pictures with my camera though, so don't think I'm not using it, ok? 
     I only have one word to say about the food....... lamb!!! Kidding, I have more to say, but that about summarizes it. I have had lamb three times now... be jealous! And yes, it was delicious!  The food at the MTC  is sssooooooo good.  A lot of missionaries don't like it though.  They have also have ginger beer for us. And carbonated vimto!! (Thank you father for introducing me)
     The jet lag never really got to me, luckily.  I think I was tired for the day I arrived, and then was fine throughout the week. I was lucky, so many people got sick. Also I'm getting a flu vaccine here because I don't know if I just didn't get one or something but it's not on the copies I brought here.

P.S.  Just went to Chorley town square and already broke my tablet screen😓 also took pictures. There were just owls chilling on the side of the road and we could hold them for 2£ The people in Chorley are super nice. And... I finally rode a double decker!!

No comments:

Post a Comment