Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Week 6 in Rossendale

This week was pretty amazing. This is mostly due to BECCA BEING BAPTISED!!!!! It was so great! And so many people were there. It was probably the most people I have seen for a baptism... ever. The members were really supportive and Becca gave her testimony. For somebody who has never given her testimony before, it was pretty incredible. She just talked about how she came to know the church was true. We invited her to the next fireside for new converts because we heard it was in Manchester. 

Thing is the baptism was never finished because church was cancelled this week! Our mission president was going to come to Rossendale for church too! I was actually going to say a talk yesterday! Haha. But we came to the church anyways to help clean up after the baptism and a relief society activity since they couldn't yesterday. And right when we came a family who just moved to Bacup from Chorley came for the sacrament that was cancelled and the elders were helping them get to the chapel. We ended up calling the Bishop and asking if we could take the sacrament with this family. They had me say my talk too haha! So I guess I didn't fully get away from that. And this family was so nice as well! They couldn't understand why church could ever be be cancelled and insisted they had to have a service at least with the missionaries even though they wished they could meet everyone else.

So Sister Limb has told me that we usually face hardship as our investigator is baptized and I just want to say that I believe this is true. You do not want to know how much food that has been burned and also I left my bus pass on the bus... And since Becca is not being confirmed til next week, it will just be another week of more troubles. But she is going to be confirmed. She is so excited to be and was disappointed that she wasn't able to yesterday.

I also have two new investigators that I'm pretty excited about named Rick and Joanne. We met then on the bus and Joanne is so excited to have us over she said she would make us cake! They don't have a specific church they go to but they have gone to a couple different churches so aren't completely closed off to the idea. 


No comments:

Post a Comment